Israel’s Tourism Ministry said Friday that the Spring Festival will not take place on Thursday, and that there would be no new arrivals.
The ministry said the decision to cancel the festival came as a result of “unfavorable conditions” caused by “the outbreak of influenza.”
In a statement, it said that a “security measure” would be taken, including canceling the Festival’s registration and canceling its travel to the West Bank.
The Ministry of Tourism said it will continue to monitor the situation.
The ministry added that the Ministry of Health would provide additional security measures.
Earlier in the day, Palestinian authorities in Ramallah said that they would not allow Israeli citizens to enter the city of Hebron to celebrate the event, due to the outbreak of the virus.
The statement issued by the city’s Health Ministry also noted that the festival had been canceled due to “unacceptable conditions.”
According to a statement by the Palestinian Center for Human Rights, the outbreak is “one of the worst in the Palestinian territories since the end of the  war” and “will cause enormous suffering for the Palestinian people.”
The festival, which was scheduled to begin Friday, will be held on the West bank city’s Al-Najah Hill, and is expected to attract as many as 40,000 attendees.